Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pecan Brittle - Thank you Linda Bohannon.


Hard Candy Christmas.  Well, Candy and Christmas have always been two things that I've always thought go together.  Since I was a child brittle has been a part of the holidays (both pecan and peanut) and always made by my cousin, Linda.  I could guess that she made 100 pounds of the stuff every year and wouldn't be telling a lie - I could actually be accused of "holding back".  Sadly I'm the only person in my family that has realized that one person can't make this stuff forever.....so, I asked Linda to teach me 2 years ago and it's been a lesson in progress since then.  I love it.  I enjoy every minute of playing the "kitchen chemist".  Several of my friends have had this - I've sold several pounds of it myself and will be again this year.  One stipulation for learning how to make this (and it's nothing like anything you've ever had before) is that I don't share the recipe.  Linda told me that she'd whip my butt if I let anyone know how it's made and even though she's only 4' 11", she's all iron inside.  So, enjoy the pictures and if you give me enough notice you can enjoy the ware. 
Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment