Step right up and get your red hot sleepless nights! Send a Matt Damon movie deal (for me) to my agent, STAT!
After getting a text I to get some tax forms that were mistakingly sent to my old address - how many times does one have to update mailing address with the same companies? Asking for a friend. After I'd learned about a couple of months ago that this place will be going back on the market in the spring; I didn't sleep for about 2 weeks racking my brain on how I could come up with about $800K to buy it back for myself. After a while that frantic feeling subsided but today the obsession came back all over again.
Have you ever owned a home that checked all the boxes? This was THE ONE. Thousands of pies, cakes, and cookies baked here for customers and friends. The fun times with people around the pool that none of us remember how the evening ended. Entertaining out of town guests. Intimate dinners around the table where countless meals of fried chicken has been consumed and heavy app stop-by gatherings on the way out on the strip.
I’ve loved this house from the first time I stepped through the front door. When I first moved to Dallas in 2002 I lived about 8 blocks away and discovered this neighborhood, Perry Heights, and told myself I'd live here someday. Research on all the fascinating people that have lived here and one in particular who I got to visit with, 93 year old Terry Jenkins, who was a 40’s radio personality and got married in the living room.
So much history – so much love and immeasurable memories of this home that has barely been touched since it was built.
In the end it’s all just “things” and I get that so bare with me while I put on my big girl panties. My mother would have told me that something better is coming along and stop fretting about what I cannot change. Well, I've spent a lifetime changing things I don't like and trying to pave the way to get exactly what I want out of life. I don't like being told no, but I've gotten used to it. I don't like being forced to do things I don't feel comfortable doing, but I've dealt with it. I don't like it when things I really want come available and they're so unfathomably out of my reach, and for this I get even more determined to keep expanding the bridge to mind the gap between where I am and where I want to be.
I may post ONE more thing about this time in my life after this house sells to someone else but I'll try not to.
Copy and paste this link if you'd like to see the the house after Rob moved out and just before it sold and I had to find a new place to live.
https://www.zillow.com/homes/4424-n-hall-dallas-texas_rb/26693368_zpid/?view=public

No comments:
Post a Comment