Friday, September 17, 2021

 


Atlanta, Georgia...and step on it!

I got a call this past Tuesday from Atlanta around 3pm Dallas time.  "J.R.?  This is Jana, Jana VanDyke".   We set up a call back time at 5;30 and then talked for about an hour.  It was a good visit - one of those that both people are anxious to keep talking and are having a really good time.  Towards the end of the conversation she said: "I wanted to sign you when I called initially but now I'm even more convinced than I was".  
I've felt for a long time that I should branch out to the southeast market.  There is so much that films in Atlanta - I can't even count how many peaches I see at the end of streaming TV series now.  Some of my actor acquaintances were even booked on a Marvel movie, The Suicide Squad, through their ATL agent and still live in Texas.  So, why couldn't I?

Initially I'd sent headshot, resume, cover letter, and a box of my cookies to JVA and it wasn't the correspondence she expected.  You see, Linda McAlister and she had recently spoken on the phone.  Jana called Linda because she had a talent that had moved to Dallas and needed representation and Linda responded how funny she should call because she had a talent that was wanting a SE agent.  I had talked to Linda about a month ago at length on my need to expand my options and although I knew she could submit me in the SE, it wasn't the same as having a SE agent.  We both saw the logic in each other's side and now we see the fruits of our labor.  My submission request/care package came the week after they spoke and now, here we are. 

I sent back my completed welcome package Thursday and added JVA to my AA account as well as IMDB.  I don't know exactly what will happen next but I feel like I have shit for brains looking forward to whatever it will be.  

I'm in Camden, Arkansas for a quick trip this weekend.  I'm going with a land surveyor to cruise some timber property I have one county over.  Three things I don't want to find:  1) a snake 2) that someone has cut timber on my tracts 3) a snake.


No comments:

Post a Comment