Tuesday, January 18, 2022


 Requested, confirmed, BOOKED.

We love to hear these things!  

 This was, however, a trial in what I preach to others.  Whenever I hear talent complaining on set about how long it's taking to film something or that their spot isn't starting on time I always tell them: "You're booked for the entire day - that means the entire day". 

A few days ago the request to audition for this spot came around and it said "Between $1,700-$1,800 for 3 spots".  Then we were told, after we were booked, that it would pay $700 for 1 spot.  Ugh, OK.  Look, it's $700 more than I had.  We also got two different revisions, right up to the minute, on our shoot schedule.  Mine was originally at 12:30pm, then it was changed the day before to 10:30 with an actress coming in at 11:00.  I figured I'd be done before lunch so I scheduled a reader at 3:00 to knock out an audition for a flick in ATL.  I showed up at 10:00 and the chick that came after me was called to set before me.  Then the PA said to me "I didn't eve know you were here".  Well, introduced myself to you when I got here at 10, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on who I was.  Then the director called for the actress and said to me "We'll get to you as soon as we can but it'll probably be after lunch", I'll do whatever you need me to but I'll need to rearrange my afternoon.  "Do you need to be somewhere?"  I just have to be home by 3:00.  It was a little awkward.

When the lunch bell rang and we all gathered to get our box of Church's chicken, I approached the director and apologized.  I said that I was clear for whatever he needed and I didn't mean to make a special case out of myself.  He shook my hand sand said that he'd manage to get me where I need to be and thanked me.  And that he did.

I felt like a complete ass.  Even though I wasn't rude, I did make an awkward situation and went against everything that I know to be true when you show up to set.  I'll just tuck this away and remember when I'm planning my day around a shoot in the future.  Even I can make a mistake.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment