Sunday, May 22, 2022


The Hymn of Promise.

When I was in Wesley choir at Fairview United Methodist Church, we sang the hymn of promise at the end of every choir practice and again every Sunday at the end of the children's sermon.  I feel like it's appropriate for the ending of our time with AWG.  When I was a child I never thought of the time that there wouldn't be a "next time" to sing this song - now I know that we're embarking on the last time we'll all meet.

I think the main reason that I have not wanted this class to end is because while we’re still training and working, we are still training and working. Once it’s over we'll be 100% responsible for implementing everything we've been taught, which was the objective of the entire course, but that’s the hard part.
If we did not give 100% during this class -  and at times I have felt like I haven’t and that’s a disservice to me - Now we are responsible for our actions and our transgressions.  We’ reached the top-most rung B/A can offer and now we have to climb on our own.  It’s scary but from uncertainty comes growth as a person.  So, thank you for the opportunity, the love, the push, and for being you. 

I’m forever grateful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment