I ran for student council a handful of times. My senior year I even ran for Key Club president. Despite overworking myself on the civic duties associated with these teams, I was never elected for any position. What was sad was seeing how few votes I actually got. In reality it was really painful. But, that didn’t stop my civic duty or responsibilities. Even as a teenager, my mother would have put a belt across my ass if I’d have just taken my ball and gone home.
I see where Georgia’s Secretary of State, Raffensperger, said they will do a by hand recount of every vote in the presidential race. This is really a good faith gesture since the recount was inevitable due to the .05% rule that candidates can request the task. But that requested recount is only a scanned procedure so this extra step with a more in depth measure is nice to see. I await the results and look forward to them being accepted.

No comments:
Post a Comment