This week has been a total blur.
I almost forgot class on Monday nite because I'd been running around like a chicken with my head cut off all day to get errands completed and my apartment cleaned because my landlord was coming early Tuesday morning to look at a leak from my upstairs neighbor.
Tuesday was crazy because my landlord likes - really likes - to visit with me and ask 12,000 questions about decorating. I'm NOT a decorator...I'm just gay. I also had a meeting with the restaurant that I bake pies for and we worked out a plan for us to offer Thanksgiving pies that I'll make. I limited the orders to 20 - that's the only 20 hours of my life I can spare that week. Then, the FUCKING election! I was out of my skull trying to not worry about it.
Wednesday - did Wednesday even happen? I slept in until 8am because I stayed up until 3! I think I cried at least 20 times until I went to bed. As divided as this nation has been and also people I have called my friends over the past 4 years, I was in peril myself for what the next 4 will bring but in reverse.
Thursday. I'm pretty sure Thursday happened. I had to take my car to the shop for an oil change and have the alignment checked since I had new tires installed last week. I still have my old "new" car so having something to drive I didn't pay attention to the fact I left my wallet in the car I dropped off. Thursday I spent too much time watching election results and live feed and making myself crazy(er). I even forgot to eat dinner.
Friday I got a call super early from the mechanic - "did you need your wallet? You left it in the car. Sorry we're just getting to it today". No worries, I'll pick it up shortly...but I based that on the guys that were here installing a new HVAC system being done in time for me to pick it up before I left for Ft. Worth. The brainiacs took a fucking 3 hour lunch and I just sat around with my finger in my ear waiting on them while my landlord came back and drilled me on how to add some pizzaz to an all gold room. This is really my life? The numb nuts finally came back but I had to get on the road for an early dinner res in Ft. Worth so I jetted out at 4:15. I showed up at my friend Becky's house and she, her husband, and I went to a snazzy little place for dinner and her daughter was our bartender. Then while at dinner Becky pops up and says "go with us to see Patch perform in Waxahachie with Linda"...OK. Then my phone rings and it's the repair shop. "Did you not need your wallet this weekend?" SHIT. I totally forgot. "See you Monday"...*click*. It's a good thing I keep a bill in my console. We left and went to almost Duncanville to a dive bar about an hour away. FURTHER than I'd planned on. A complete dive bar. Everyone was in Cinch jeans and wrangler tee shirts and trucker hats. I was in light wash skinny jeans, driving loafers, and a fitted sweat shirt. I didn't stand out at all. UGH. But, seeing "work" friends was fun.
Saturday - today. I went to help my friend, Ricky, at an estate sale he was having. It was dullsville for sure. Then, an APPLE message - Joe Biden is the president elect. I immediately burst into tears. I had to go to the toilet to gather myself. There were so many people at this sale. It was the last day and there was $8K run through the credit card machine...not bad! But, I couldn't think about anything else but the election results. I was super happy combatted with super worried. I want people to get along and work together to solve the problems we have as a nation and as individuals. I have the strongest basic instinct to help people and I'm hoping with all things good in this world that we can all be and act the way we need to moving forward.
I feel lost in the middle of a victory. I'm a dreamer but I'm also a realist...when I have to be. So, I'm going to look for what's there - not what I want to be there. Then, take it one day at a time...and try to remember what day it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment