Saturday, March 27, 2021


 Greetings from Denmark.

Bjorn Winblad, artist of the above, was a true "Renaissance man".  The Mermaid Bar at NM NorthPark is graced with the whimsical decorative work of Wiinblad, with delicate ladies and bold colors.  I found this large poster for sale on Liveauctioneers.com and it was love at first sight.  The colors and the activity is exactly what I needed for a major score and a blast of color in my kitchen.  

I've come a long way from thinking Kirkland's was the bees knees and understanding that art doesn't always have to match the drapes that match the sofa.  Do you ever get lost looking at one piece of art?  Follow all the colors and lines?  Even if you have no idea what the artist's true intent was, you own interoperation is like reading a book and being instantly transported to a different time and place.  

The task of daydreaming is something I've been plagued with my entire life.  In school and at work I've had to catch myself from being in a daze for hours - the hard part is that I love it.  Then there's that slight gut punch when I realize that so much time has gone by and I've still so much to do but I ease out of panic by remembering where I just went.  

I've been helping a friend, remotely, decorate his new house.  I can compile what needs to be where from measurements, that's just simple math.  But guiding someone what paths to travel to find meaningful artwork to warm his new home has been a trip I haven't taking in quite a while.  Most folks fall into the trap of thinking they have to get everything done all at once and in the end all they have to show for it is a overstuffed dorm room with walls lined with furniture.  I've missed that textural creativity and with that having been dormant for so long, it was thrilling to find something new to love and admire.  We should have delivery in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of hours all ready to devote to daydreaming about it.  

What's your favorite thing in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment