Saturday, May 8, 2021



For the first time in over a year I hosted a dinner party and it was also the first dinner party at my new house.  My dearest friend, Mark Doty, was the birthday guest of honor and 7 of us gathered to wish him many happy returns of the day.  Some of the guests I see every week, one I hadn't seen in years and his husband I'd never met.  It was a delightful mix of company.  
I was reminded how much we all thrive from a fun gathering and I know everyone is overdue from the macabre past 12 months.  I'd forgotten what a hangover felt like.
Crudités, charcuterie, vodka cocktails, Berkshire pork chops, Brussels sprouts, creamed potatoes, Chardonnay, some fancy fuckery red wine a guest brought, and a foot tall strawberry cake Chris Calvery made - all the pieces came together for a diabetic fit and I think I died twice during the night.  Heaven.

I felt like Joan Crawford hosting a 60's cocktail party - minus the hippies.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment