Sunday, May 16, 2021


 That one time Jency posed as Elvis' bride.  

Here is a friend of mine that I met by chance on set of "DALLAS" during the wedding episode when John Ross married Pamela.  It was also the episode that I was yanked out of BG to be Jessee Metcalf's stand-in. Jency and I got to know one another and after a short few weeks and her working as a Ewing Global employee, I old the 2nd 2nd AD that she should be a stand-in, too.  We spend the next 2 years on set together, 12 hours a day, M-F.  I wouldn't say we were fast friends but we became very close friends.  We collaborated on a couple of short films together and produce one, Lady of the House.  Countless hours and thousands of texts comparing auditions and on set experiences.  Eventually we both were repped by LMT but sadly we never got to work on the same commercial sets together.  Above was a photo shoot that we were invited to be a part of recreating the wedding photo for Elvis and Pricilla Presley - BIG hair, big fun!

Two years ago Jency moved with her husband to Philadelphia and then the pandemic happened so we haven't gotten to see each other except for when she came home to visit her family for Christmas - I miss her and our goofy encounters figuring out what we're doing in this crazy creative world.  Ours is one of those rare friendships that doesn't stop because of a few thousand miles and a time zone. 

We are both driven individuals but my flat out best is only her second gear - I look up to her for her drive and determination.  What else can you say about a friend that you love other than you love them?  

No comments:

Post a Comment