Oh, horse shit.
Bud left his mark on this audition in more ways than one. Can I tell you how (and I think this term is VERY overused) blessed I am to have friends like the McAlister's? I got an audition last week for a Doordash commercial from Beth Sepko. I've waited for years to be called in for anything she'd been working on - a couple of 5 and unders over the past 7 years have been sent and now 2 auditions in one week!! Am I finally on the "let's look at him list?" But, the picture above is a result of the second audition request and was for the new untitled Taylor Sheridan project that will be shooting in Oklahoma starring Sylvester Stallone. The role of "groomer" and the actor has to have expertise in horse training or, from I could tell reading between the lines, at least very comfortable around horses. I'm no expert but I did have a horse when I was a child and from a very young age until being a young adult, there were horses either behind my mother's house belonging to family members or I'd be invited to trail rides. Basically, I've been around them most of my life until moving to Dallas. When this audition came in the first thing I thought was "I'll raid Molly and Scarlet McAlister's bag!" So, that I did and I don't know who had more fun: Scarlett, myself, or the horse(es)! Bud is Molly's horse and a real sweetheart.
We taped for about 2 hours different things until we felt it looked casual enough and professional enough - due to us laughing just about the entire time. Kids running around, Linda popping her head in to talk to the pigs, and the other horses wanting their camera time. Afterwards I went on an ATV ride with Scarlett's husband, Chris. Is there anything more fun that men with their toys? I'd never heard of a Polaris Highlifter before but it was like off-roading in an open air small truck that could climb a wall. I grew up on acreage and all things outdoors so this was like being a kid again but with better toys and people who are just good people.
Of course I want to book this role - who would not?? But, the real takeaway is that I have some very awesome friends that know I'd do anything for them and here's proof they're happy to have me in their fold.
Other things I love? You!
No comments:
Post a Comment