For the first time in I can’t remember when, I looked up at the night sky. It’s bright and full of stars. So serene. I see the star of Bethlehem and I don’t know how to describe it. No one alive has seen it before tonight. It makes me feel that even though we may be by ourselves, we are not alone.
This story of from the Gospel of Matthew always fascinated me as a child. One star in a night full of heavenly bodies guided three men on camels to the birthplace of the baby Jesus. How could it be so bright? Did only the wisest of men know what to look for? After seeing this tonight for myself I can understand how they were able to see this, the brightest and most unusual star in the sky. I looked right up at it tonight and knew exactly what I was looking at.
I think we all look for a guiding point in or lives. I have for a long time now and even more so this past year of turmoil in my life and the unrest in our country and world. I felt peace come over me as I looked up and was reminded that there is something more out there - beyond our normal sight and, if you will, comfort zone.
I saw a guiding light while working on location and that makes me think that what I'm doing here, now, and in my life is a path that I was meant to follow. So many sad things have happened lately and not just to me but all over the world. We finally have a vaccine for Covid and we have a new government administration taking power. I hope 2021 is a better year, for all of us. So, shine on bright star - guide us to a new beginning. I know I'm ready.

No comments:
Post a Comment