Monday, December 14, 2020


Traveling for work isn't always just about being on set.  In my downtime I have to explore the city I'm in.  OKC has been cold but productive.  I ventured out to the local thrift haunts and have found some good loot!  I traveled up to Ponca City for an estate sale that was a complete bust - the family was conducting the sale and everything there was high as a cat's back but the local vendor malls pulled through.  Colored glass always sells well for me in Dallas and I can't wait to put these fun pieces in my booth. 

The local flavor of people and their personalities in a 100 mile range of OKC is spectacular.  Character ideas come from anywhere and everywhere and I've had a great opportunity to study some interesting people.  The Native American TS that runs the antique mall on the square in Ponca City was a real treat.  Over stuffed lips and hands bigger than mine and a diamond ring that could be mistaken for a door knob and she drives a Lincoln Town car.  I talked with her for about 30 minutes and when I left she said the most wonderful thing - "Stay beautiful" and I replied "you do the same".  The light that filled her eyes and the difference in her stance really made my day.  You know that I love to talk but I enjoy listening more and being away from home has given me a whole new canvas to explore.  

My favorite part of working remotely is new people, places, and faces.  I'm so happy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment