Sunday, October 17, 2021


Brandishing their immense talent - six women packed quite a "Fire-Ant Punch" in Northwest Arkansas.

I traveled up to Fayetteville this weekend to see the new and set for Broadway play, Designing Women, by original creator, Linda Bloodworth-Thomason.  It was like going home in so many ways; experiencing the names and personalities, and seeing their opinions about the last 4 years based on how they would have reacted 30 years ago.

This play can be streamed live from Theatre2.org  and I feel it's well worth the time/money if you can't be there live.  

I needed a delightful get-away after a week of ten-fold audition notifications from Casting Networks that was actually just one audition but glitches with the system caused 15 notifications to go out and no notifications via email or text so this looked like 15 were due in 1 day.  Not the kind of "keyed up" I needed to be for a big Walker audition as the guest-starring role for the episode.  There was a BCS audition but they're always just crumbs -  even if it is a great resume builder.  Love and Death have slowed down to the block 3 casting - I've been in all three blocks for auditions - from guest star to now Jury foreman with "We have your honor" as the one line.  

So, I'll stick to my laurels; I'll take the crumbs and build my own sandwich.  



No comments:

Post a Comment