Cryptic text or was it just the best that "voice to text" has to offer?
A text from Bobby Scott Curtis (Rob) in Fayetteville came through yesterday morning. He let me know that a man had knocked on his door earlier that week and was the father of one of his former New York assistants and after he left, said assistant contacted Rob to ask if I still baked treats and if I could ship them. I was to expect an order via email from the mother and it was for her friend, Linda Thompson. When I finally got a chance to call Rob and confirm what he was talking about - we fit some puzzle pieces together. Later the mother contacted me and placed an order with a personal note to be included in the package as an apology for missing her friends play that was premiering in Fayetteville Friday night.
Got it.
But when I got the email it became clear that there was one puzzle piece that was inserted upside down - the recipient wasn't Linda Thompson, it was Linda Bloodworth-Thomason. The play is "Designing Women" and it's the world premier we're talking about. (The purchaser is just a noteworthy but I'll divulge that on a face to face basis.)
Now I've really got it.
So, what does a mega fan of the original series do with this opportunity? I'm baking a dozen each of my oatmeal toffee, chocolate chip, and tea cakes to send with the purchaser's personal note. The daughter/assistant is encouraging me to put my headshot and resume in the package with a personal greeting and a little back story on me as well. Above all things I know that we have to respect the privacy of people that are, how do I say this, better known than I - but, is this the right or wrong opportunity to cross that line? There is a 2021 Designing Woman TV movie script that is complete according to IMDB...
Advice welcome...!
Off to bake the cookies!

No comments:
Post a Comment